[CentOS] access denied from windows changing security setting when i use a folder connected to a fake drive made with dd

nikos sarantopoulos nsarantopoulos68 at gmail.com
Sun May 8 17:10:22 UTC 2016

i will tell you about my setup

my setup is done with the command samba-tool domain provision --use-rfc2307
--interactive on the version 4.3.9 that i am thinking for me that version
is enough stable the last version doesn't have any more the "Authenticated
Users"

it is active directory my server setup i am suspicious that is something
wrong when i am connecting to a loop device that is made this way dd
if=/dev/zero of=imgfile bs=1M count=60 for example
then losetup /dev/loop0 imgfile and formating it as ext4 filesystem

but only root have there write access am i doing something wrong?

this path is connected to a smb.conf with the following way:

[test]
        path = /path (where is mounted the loop device)
        read only = no

thank you

nikos sarantopoulos