[CentOS] Internal RAID controllers question

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon May 9 01:20:16 UTC 2016

On 5/8/2016 6:10 PM, Valeri Galtsev wrote:
> Can we leave this thread just to thoughts I
> solicited about which of hardware RAID card manufacturers will still
> exists in close future.

predicting the future?  yeah, well.

there are really only two choices today, Adaptec and Avago (formerly
LSI, they also control the former Areca product line). I've not been
very happy with the level of support Avago is offeriong for older
products, and I've *never* liked Adaptec. Whoops, Avago is now Broadcom,
a company I like even less for broken closed source firmware and total
lack of hardware documentation.

There's a pile of 2nd tier players like Promise, and so forth, I won't
touch these with a 10 foot pole.