[CentOS] Suggestions for Config Management Tool

Andrew Holway andrew.holway at gmail.com
Thu May 12 10:56:24 UTC 2016

> What would you suggest and why? :)

Ansible is now owned by Redhat so I would expect its feature set to be
specifically aligned towards the administration of RHEL type operating
systems over time.

We've previously been using Saltstack to great effect but we are gently
sliding towards Ansible. Both are YAML defined and coded in python which
makes life really easy.

I believe Chef and Puppet to be demons incarnate. Only ruby mavens seems to
be able to effect any kind of control on these beasts. Ruby is the work of
satan.

Cheers,

Andrew