[CentOS] Re Centos 7.2 Repos

Scott Robbins scottro11 at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:16:43 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 04:53:11PM +0100, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2016, jd1008 wrote:
>
> >One of the enabled repos is centos-media.repo
> >It fails:
>
> If you have the DVD repo enabled, and don't provide it with the DVD, it will
> fail.  I'd disable that repo, as it suggests, and just use the network repos.

In case it isn't clear, media, in this case, refers to a mounted DVD.
You're not the first to be confused by it.  Once installation is complete,
and you're not using the install DVD for anything, disable or remove the
media-repo.

For MULTImedia, as in mplayer and various other things to play music and
video, the simple way is to install the nux-desktop repo.  I believe that
requires the EPEL repo as well.

Once you have the nux-desktop repo installed (see the CentOS wiki in the
HowTos package management or something with package in it for instructiosn
on installing the nux repo), you can then run yum install smplayer.  It can
be frustrating when you're new to it.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6