[CentOS] Re Centos 7.2 Repos

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Tue May 17 17:44:07 UTC 2016

On 05/17/2016 10:00 AM, jd1008 wrote:

> On 05/17/2016 12:08 AM, Peter wrote:
>> On 17/05/16 17:51, jd1008 wrote:
>>> I installed the nux repo just now. I ran
>>>
>>> yum -y install mplayer-common-1.1-33.20150505svn.el7.nux.x86_64.rpm
>>> mplayer-1.2-92_snap20130920.el7.x86_64.rpm
>>
>> This is insane, just do: yum install smplayer
>>
> The insane thing is that not all the repos are NOT installed
> in /etc/yum.repo.d when centos is installed.
> Don't you think I tried to yum install it???
> Yum returned with something like no match found....
> What repos  do you have on your system?

CentOS is designed to be a rebuild of the RHEL source code.  That is
what millions of users want.

We purposely ONLY include functionality that is in RHEL.  That is what
CentOS is.

If you want other functionality .. it is available via EPEL and other
3rd Party Repos and CentOS Special interest groups.  This give you the
ability to add things, while maintaining CentOS what it is designed to
be .. a rebuild of RHEL with exactly that source code's functionality.