[CentOS] one-shot yum command to match rpms between systems?

James Hogarth james.hogarth at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:17:10 UTC 2016

On 18 May 2016 17:57, "Frank Cox" <theatre at melvilletheatre.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 18 May 2016 09:30:54 +0100
> James Hogarth wrote:
>
> > And of course as will be pointed out by many the only right answer is
yum
> > update anyway given cherry picking updates is not supported.
>
> The objective is not to cherry pick updates, but rather to install a
second system with packages that match the first system.  After fine-tuning
the installed packages and stripping out the unnecessary stuff, it would be
nice to just say "make that system look like this one" -- rsync for yum if
you will.  The specific package versions aren't important at that stage
since I can run yum update after the initial installation.

Well if you're planning on doing a yum update anyway just cat rpmlist |
xargs yum -y install

Better solution to this though is a basic ansible task list defining what
you need.