[CentOS] CentosPlus

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Thu May 19 12:50:10 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 07:39, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 4:32 AM, James Hogarth
> <james.hogarth at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 17 May 2016 20:52, "Mauricio Tavares" <raubvogel at gmail.com>
>> wrote:

. . .

>>>       Why not leave all the extra repos disabled, say
>>>
>>> sed -i -e 's/^enabled=1/enabled=0/' /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
>>>
>>> and manually enable it when you need to get a package from said
>>> repo:
>>>
>>> yum install -y libmcrypt --enablerepo=epel
>>>

>> Doing this means you won't get notified of updates in that repo.
>> This is
>> not a good idea.
>
>       I see your point since you can setup repo priorities

Having been bitten by this on several occasions I finally adopted the
policy of using the -- includepkgs= -- option and specifically naming
the packages that I want from a non-standard repo; and also using --
exclude= -- in the standard repo naming exactly the same packages as
those included elsewhere.  You can use globbing in the package names
in both cases.

It is a little more work to set up but it is a lot safer to my way of
thinking, particularly where there are multiple sysadmins involved.

Canada  L8E 3C3