[CentOS] CentOS 7, container question

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon May 23 14:51:57 UTC 2016

Hi, folks,

   We would like to run a container on a server, the reason being the COST
of a Sybase license (it's by core), and what we can afford is a 4-core
license. Now, the server's a nice Dell w/ 32 cores, so, ideally, what
we want to do is set up containers, then, in one container, *only* have
it see 4 cores, while the rest of the server, including (possibly)
other containers, can see the other 28. The first try seems to have
disabled *all* the cores other than those four.

   Is it possible to do what we want, and if so, some pointers would be
most appreciated.

             mark