[CentOS] CentOS 7, container question

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon May 23 18:49:03 UTC 2016

Mark Haney wrote:
> I've been wracking my brain, but for the life of me can't recall the exact
> program name, but back when I managed a HPCC, there was a tool that would
> let you restrict a running process to X number of CPUs/Cores natively.  I
> keep thinking it was MPC, but nothing googles on that.  Regardless, that
> might be a better way of running Sybase, as a container may not be beefy
> enough to  handle the load Sybase is likely to generate.

Yeah, mpich, I think - one of my users uses that; on our other clusters,
we've been using torque, though we're slowly moving to slurm.

I agree with you though, I don't know that doing it that way will work - I
think Sybase *looks* at the number of cores it can see, probably some of
the license info it uses.

        mark