[CentOS] CentOS 7, container question

Anthony K akcentos at anroet.com
Wed May 25 11:49:09 UTC 2016

On 25/05/16 21:31, Anthony K wrote:
> On 24/05/16 00:51, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>     Is it possible to do what we want, and if so, some pointers would be
>> most appreciated.
>>
>>               mark
> I believe *[0]* is what you are after.  In summary:
>
> lxc-cgroups -n <container_name> cpuset.cpus 0-3
>
> I've experimented with it - *[1]*:
>

> Regards,
> ak.
>

> *[0]*
> https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37670_01/E37355/html/ol_control_containers.html
> *[1]* https://imagebin.ca/v/2iMePQ4Sbf62

Also, I know you've stated you don't want the overhead of VM's. However,
running a Linux VM on top of KVM on a Linux host doesn't tax the host
system much at all.  If you haven't tried KVM recently, then you owe it
to yourself to do so and see for yourself - for Linux VM on Linux host,
it outperforms VirtualBox.

Regards,
ak.