[CentOS] Systemd and VirtualBox

Rob Kampen rkampen at kampensonline.com
Sat May 28 02:12:23 UTC 2016

On 28/05/16 12:43, Anthony K wrote:
> On 17/05/16 17:55, Rob Kampen wrote:
>> No idea where to from here, so if there is anyone that has a working
>> systemd autostart VirtualBox setup on a headless CentOS 7 server -
>> please advise what you have done to get it working.
> I'm running CentOS7 as my host and when I was using Virtualbox, I had
> my VM's autostarting for a while.  I simply followed this answer [0]
> on "askubuntu.com" and it worked flawlessly.  However, I've since
> migrated all my VM's to KVM once performance on KVM surpassed that of
> Virtualbox (most of my VM's are Linux servers).

thanks for the pointer
which of the 9 answers did you use - there are four with [0] points. I
did see this some time ago and got a variant working under CentOS 6. I
was hoping to use the new-fangled systemd, partly as a learning
exercise, but also to avoid having bespoke config files and methods of
starting daemons proliferating which the methods described on
askubuntu.com seem to be.
rob