[CentOS] Status of RPMFusion repo for CentOS 5 and 6 ?

Nicolas Kovacs info at microlinux.fr
Tue May 31 15:42:00 UTC 2016

Le 31/05/2016 à 16:47, Andreas Benzler a écrit :
> Well specifically for centos-5 .. I am not sure.  But CentOS-5 is less
>> than a year from EOL anyway, so if you are supporting those in a
>> desktop, you should be considering how to move them to at least CentOS-6
>> now (if not CentOS-7).

Well, I just gave RPMFusion a spin on EL5, and I'd say it's more or less
unusable.

# yum install mplayer
Error: Missing Dependency: libcaca.so.0 is needed by package
mplayer-1.0-0.101.20080903svn.el5.1.i386 (rpmfusion-free-updates)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

# yum install ffmpeg
Error: Missing Dependency: libImlib2.so.1 is needed by package
ffmpeg-libs-0.4.9-0.52.20080908.el5.i386 (rpmfusion-free-updates)
 You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem

I have some CentOS 5.x clients on some very old hardware, and I'd like
to keep them running 5.x until it's EOL next year.

Guess I'll just roll my own package repo in the meantime.

Cheers,

Niki

7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat
Web  : http://www.microlinux.fr