[CentOS] Console screen changed on updating from CentOS 6.7 to CentOS 6.8?

Warren Young wyml at etr-usa.com
Tue May 31 20:55:11 UTC 2016

On May 31, 2016, at 6:23 AM, Walter H. <walter.h at mathemainzel.info> wrote:

> How do I get the standard console with 80x25 back?

Why?  Is it just because they’re VMs and you’re running them on a GUI hosted by some other OS, and you don’t want them taking a lot of screen space?

Personally, I’m glad Red Hat finally acknowledged that workstations and servers haven’t been using 14" CRTs for quite a long time now.

> I've added 'vga=0x0300', but this results in 100x37?

Try adding nomodeset instread.