[CentOS] Systemd and VirtualBox

Rob Kampen

rkampen at kampensonline.com
Sat May 28 06:53:40 UTC 2016

On 28/05/16 14:31, Anthony K wrote:
> On 28/05/16 12:12, Rob Kampen wrote:
>>
>> which of the 9 answers did you use - there are four with [0] points.
>> I did see this some time ago and got a variant working under CentOS
>> 6. I was hoping to use the new-fangled systemd, partly as a learning
>> exercise, but also to avoid having bespoke config files and methods
>> of starting daemons proliferating which the methods described on
>> askubuntu.com seem to be.
>> rob
>
> Apologies - I should have stated that in my initial response.
>
> It's the answer that starts of with - "You can use the VirtualBox
> Auto-start service." - it has an up-vote score of 20 (as of now).
>
> That article cites the following link *[0]* as the original source:
>
> *[0]*
> http://lifeofageekadmin.com/how-to-set-your-virtualbox-vm-to-automatically-startup/

thanks, the other link helped but there are still errors in all the
various instructions
one error not noted was the /etc/defaults/virtualbox file it - cannot
have spaces!
it should be

# virtualbox defaults file
VBOXAUTOSTART_DB=/etc/vbox
VBOXAUTOSTART_CONFIG=/etc/vbox/autostart.cfg

My server has a very well exercised reboot as I have finally got it done
Thanks for all the pointers, finally have something that seems to be
reliable.