[CentOS] C6 Firefox 45.1 segmentation faults

Tue May 3 00:32:55 UTC 2016
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 5:07 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 2, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro> wrote:
>
>>> What I'm intending to do is to rebuild ffmpeg from PUIAS/springdale
>>> (see my earlier post). Specifically, ffmpeg-2.1.1-1.sdl6.src.rpm. It
>>> requires a lot of other packages though. :-)
>
>> Akemi,
>>
>> Most of the packages should already be in my repo, EPEL or PUIAS.
>> If this works, I'll look at incorporating it in nux-dextop.
>>
>> Lucian
>
> Indeed, it worked. Now need to test this thing ...

With my short test, so far, so good. No crash with the site that used
to bomb out.

I needed the latest version of soxr(-devel) and xvidcore(-devel) from
PUIAS to run (build) ffmpeg-2.1.1-1.sdl6. All other dependencies were
available from EPEL and nux.

Akemi