[CentOS] Reduce existing CentOS 7 installation to "Minimal install" - services?

Fri May 6 16:47:07 UTC 2016

Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> Le 06/05/2016 13:50, Johnny Hughes a écrit :
>> Maybe add a:
>>
>> yum groupinstall core
>
> That did add a handful of packages indeed (as was already suggested in
> the previous answer), but the problem still persists.
>
> After rebooting, the system hangs after mounting the /boot partition and
> then exits into emergency mode.
>
> I'm puzzled.

Question (if I haven't asked this before): what's in fstab, and on the
kernel grub2 line? A UUID, a /dev/sdx, or LABEL=? If the latter, there's a
bug in grub? the boot process, so if you have a LABEL=/root or
LABEL=/boot, it will fail, 100% of the time. Removing the leading / is the
workaround.

        mark