[CentOS] resize lvm

Fri May 6 18:32:33 UTC 2016
Scott Robbins <scottro11 at gmail.com>

On Fri, May 06, 2016 at 06:19:35PM +0000, Wes James wrote:
> I have a laptop that I put centos 7 on and I started out with a 30gig partition.  I resized the other part of the disk to allow more space for centos.  I then created an unformated partition in the available space,  ran
>

> pvcreate /dev/sda4
>

> vgextend lvname /dev/sda4
>

> lvextend -L 184.46G /dev/lvname/root

I find it easiest to do lvextend -l 100%VG /dev/lvname/rootI find it
easiest to do lvextend -l 100%VG /dev/lvname/root.
(Then, if practical, and since it's a laptop, I'm guessing it's not a
production machine), reboot from a livecd or whatever and doing e2fsk -f
/dev/lvmname/root

I don't know if it will solve your issue, but may be worth trying.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6