[CentOS] OT: hardware: MegaCli and initializing a RAID

Fri May 6 22:39:14 UTC 2016
Joseph L. Casale <jcasale at activenetwerx.com>

> I agree with what John said about their command line interface MegaCli.

It's not that bad, the cli is incredibly detailed so it's just vast. It's not any
different in complexity from hpacu in my opinion.

> One thing I have noticed about LSI MegaRaids is: if you hot replace bad
> drive with good one of the same size or larger (which doesn't have on it
> traces of being configured in any raid, not necessarily LSI), then the
> drive is accepted as replacement member into the same volume group, and
> array gets rebuilt in background automagically.

That behavior is configurable, again it's a matter of environment if that
make sense for you.

jlc