[CentOS] Firefox 45.1.0 stability

Sun May 8 08:06:08 UTC 2016
Liam O'Toole <liam.p.otoole at gmail.com>

On 2016-05-07, Michael Hennebry
<hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, 7 May 2016, Liam O'Toole wrote:
>
>> On 2016-05-06, Nux! <nux at li.nux.ro>
>> wrote:
>>> Guys if you are using my repo on CentOS 6 then the new Firefox might
>>> not like the old ffmpeg I ship.
>>>
>>> There is new and apparently working stuff in my testing repo; try to
>>> upgrade and see if that solves the problem.  Feedback welcome so I
>>> can move the testing packages in the main repo sooner, rather than
>>> later.
>>>
>>> yum --enablerepo=nux-dextop-testing update ffmpeg
>>>
>>> -- Sent from the Delta quadrant using Borg technology!
>>>
>>> Nux!  www.nux.ro
>>
>> That fixed it for me. Many thanks.
>
> My Firefox ESR 45.1.0 on CentOS 6 crashes a lot, usually while I am
> scrolling.  So far as I can tell, I'm not using ffmpeg lately.  Is
> this still likely to help?

It will help if ffmpeg is installed. But ffmpeg is not in the official
repository, so it will not be installed unless you went of your way to
get it.

What you can try is to refresh your FF profile[1]. I found that FF 45
was crashing on gmail (so no video involved) until I did that.

1:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/refresh-firefox-reset-add-ons-and-settings

--

Liam