[CentOS] access denied from windows changing security setting when i use a folder connected to a fake drive made with dd

Sun May 8 18:39:01 UTC 2016
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 05/08/2016 10:10 AM, nikos sarantopoulos wrote:
> it is active directory my server setup

Is it a standalone AD server or a member of a domain?

If it is standalone, how did you join the Windows workstation to the
domain?  How did you create new users?  Are you using those new users on
the Windows workstation?

If it is a domain member, how did you join the AD domain?

> i am suspicious that is something
> wrong when i am connecting to a loop device that is made this way dd
> if=/dev/zero of=imgfile bs=1M count=60 for example
> then losetup /dev/loop0 imgfile and formating it as ext4 filesystem
>
> but only root have there write access am i doing something wrong?

No, that's normal.  An ext4 filesystem supports permissions, and you
must manually set them to allow users to write to the new filesystem.

> this path is connected to a smb.conf with the following way:
>
> [test]
>          path = /path (where is mounted the loop device)
>          read only = no

You may have to deal with SELinux labels at some point, but at this
point, I suspect your problems are more fundamental.