[CentOS] Internal RAID controllers question

Mon May 9 02:10:17 UTC 2016
Mike Mohr <akihana at gmail.com>

Speaking from experience (I cannot go into detail on this point), and as
Digimer pointed out, LSI seems to be the only choice for enterprise level,
large scale deployments.

If your concern is extremely long term deployments with verifiable data
recovery options, software RAID is the only option, as you have strong
guarantees that the implementation will never "die" as hardware RAID
controllers are likely to do.

As others have pointed out, there are indeed tangible benefits to using
hardware RAID controllers. It all depends on your use case and project
requirements.