[CentOS] CentOS 6 as DNS-Server

Tue May 10 20:30:50 UTC 2016
Александр Кириллов <nevis2us at infoline.su>

> if a host has IPv4 only or IPv6 only this works fine, but when a host
> has both - DualStack
> somethimes it works sometimes only one - can be IPv4 or can be IPv6
> works;
> and in /var/log/messages  I get something like
>
> May 10 18:51:30 dnssrvr named[2526]: client 192.168.1.2#38618: view
> wkst: updating zone 'ddns.local/IN': update unsuccessful:
> WIN7HOST.ddns.local: 'name not in use' prerequisite not satisfied
> (YXDOMAIN)
>
> for several times;

Which probably means that the name for the host has already been added
to dns with an IPv6 address or vice versa. Have a look at
https://deepthought.isc.org/article/AA-01091/0/ISC-DHCP-support-for-Standard-DDNS.html.
It might be relevant. I don't know. 'ddns-update-style standard' didn't
even exist when I fiddled with this.