[CentOS] Installing 32-bit CentOS 6 on a new Lenovo System x3650 M5 server?

Fri May 13 20:39:08 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 5/13/2016 1:27 PM, Alfred von Campe wrote:
> Is there any known incompatibility with the latest 32-bit (i386) CentOS 6 and the latest Lenovo x3650 M5 servers?  I’ve been running i386 CentOS 6.X on 3 year old x3650 M4 servers without any issues.  Our development environment has not been ported to 64-bit (x86_64) yet, so we are stuck using i386 for another few months.

you do know, x86_64 runs i386 apps as long as you install the suitable
i386 libraries, right?

> When I try to boot from the netinstall ISO image I just get a “Boot Failed” message. Has anyone had similar issues, and more importantly, figured out a way to workaround it?

you might try the minimal ISO.   thats my default install image, then I
use yum to install everything my environment needs.