[CentOS] How to disable audio in CentOS7?

Sun May 15 15:15:04 UTC 2016
Steve Snyder <swsnyder at snydernet.net>

On 05/15/2016 09:11 AM, Alice Wonder wrote:
> On 05/15/2016 04:48 AM, Steve Snyder wrote:
>> How can I completely disable audio drivers and services in my CentOS7
>> system?
>>
>> This system is a server that will never run any audio applications.  The
>> problem is, I can't disable the audio device in my BIOS, so the system
>> finds it in the PCI device list and configures it on each boot.
>>
>> Yes, I know I can blacklist specific device driver modules, but I've got
>> a minimum of 11 audio-related kernel modules loaded on a default C7
>> configuration, and untold dbus baggage to go with them
>>
>> So.. what can I do to have CentOS7 completely ignore the audio hardware
>> it finds?
>
> If I'm not mistaken, audio hardware is one source of entropy for the
> kernel.

How can it contribute to entropy without a microphone attached?

> Is it causing a problem?

Only to the extent that the resources used to support the audio
subsystem could be allocated to services that are actually used.