[CentOS] Black screen after install / Centos 7.2

Mon May 16 19:58:25 UTC 2016
Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>

On 05/16/2016 10:51 AM, Oliver Zemann wrote:
> Using nomodeset worked. Diagnostic kernel did not work. Any idea what
> i have to do to boot without using nomodeset?

Does the system not boot, or do you simply not get a VGA console?  If
it's the latter, you should be able to log in and check the system via SSH.

I'd guess that the system is selecting a mode that the monitor attached
doesn't support.  If that's the case, then your options are to use
"nomodeset" or to specify a generic VGA mode that you prefer.