[CentOS] Continuous Release repository RPMs now released

Tue May 17 10:07:33 UTC 2016
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/16/2016 04:02 PM, Wes James wrote:
> On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:47 PM, Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:
>
>> The Continuous Release repository RPMs for CentOS-6.8 are now released.
>> It includes the following releases:
>>

> This is the first time I've installed updates from CR.  I did this on 6.7
> in virtualbox.  When I reboot, it still says 6.7.   When I run lsb_release
> -a, it is still 6.7. Are they supposed to say 6.7?  Does this change when
> it is official in 10-21 days?

Yes, and yes.

When we released the official 6.8 tree and isos, they will have a new
centos-release rpm.

If you continue to run updates against the CR repo, that will be the
only update you get when you switch.