[CentOS] Re Centos 7.2 Repos

Tue May 17 15:47:47 UTC 2016
jd1008 <jd1008 at gmail.com>

On 05/17/2016 09:03 AM, John Hodrien wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2016, jd1008 wrote:
>
>> The insane thing is that not all the repos are NOT installed
>> in /etc/yum.repo.d when centos is installed.
>> Don't you think I tried to yum install it???
>> Yum returned with something like no match found....
>> What repos  do you have on your system?
>
> smplayer is provided by nux-dextop.  You'll also want EPEL enabled.
>
> jh
One of the enabled repos is centos-media.repo
It fails:

file:///media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#37 - "Couldn't
open file /media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml"
Trying other mirror.
file:///media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#37 - "Couldn't
open file /media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml"
Trying other mirror.
file:///media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#37 -
"Couldn't open file /media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml"
Trying other mirror.

  One of the configured repositories failed (CentOS-7 - Media),
  and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the
only
  safe thing yum can do is fail. There are a few ways to work "fix" this:

      1. Contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the
problem.

      2. Reconfigure the baseurl/etc. for the repository, to point to a
working
         upstream. This is most often useful if you are using a newer
         distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the
         packages for the previous distribution release still work).

      3. Disable the repository, so yum won't use it by default. Yum
will then
         just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it
again or use
         --enablerepo for temporary usage:

             yum-config-manager --disable c7-media

      4. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it is
unavailable.
         Note that yum will try to contact the repo. when it runs most
commands,
         so will have to try and fail each time (and thus. yum will be
be much
         slower). If it is a very temporary problem though, this is
often a nice
         compromise:

             yum-config-manager --save
--setopt=c7-media.skip_if_unavailable=true

failure: repodata/repomd.xml from c7-media: [Errno 256] No more mirrors
to try.
file:///media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#37 - "Couldn't
open file /media/CentOS/repodata/repomd.xml"
file:///media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#37 - "Couldn't
open file /media/cdrom/repodata/repomd.xml"
file:///media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] curl#37 -
"Couldn't open file /media/cdrecorder/repodata/repomd.xml"

Does anyone have it working?