[CentOS] CentosPlus

Tue May 17 21:53:59 UTC 2016
cpolish at surewest.net <cpolish at surewest.net>

On 2016-05-17 15:51, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>       Why not leave all the extra repos disabled, say
>
> sed -i -e 's/^enabled=1/enabled=0/' /etc/yum.repos.d/epel.repo
>
> and manually enable it when you need to get a package from said repo:
>
> yum install -y libmcrypt --enablerepo=epel

Hello Mauricio,

I understand. For systems with a few packages from Epel this is
my favored technique. Epel has a lot more packages that overlap
or interact with base repo packages, if I'm not mistaken. But
for my CentOSPlus repository use case, I leave the repo enabled
in the config file; forgetting to re-enable it could leave these
systems without neccessary drivers. As the repository contents
is desired _in total_ over the base packages, there's no down
side for this use.

--
Charles