[CentOS] bareos on CentOS 6

Sat May 21 00:49:00 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 17, 2016 3:37 pm, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Paul Heinlein wrote:
>> On Tue, 17 May 2016, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>>
>>>   I'm hoping *someone* here has worked a bit with bareos. I've tried
>>> posting to the google groups for it... and haven't even had one person
>>> view my post....
>>>
>>>   It was working fine, backing up windows boxes for months. Then, about
>>> a week ago, the server got a regular yum update, and rebooted... and
>>> it's
>>> broken. A job will start... and just keep running forever (as in, over
>>> the weekend) and never end; normally, they were all done in a few
>>> hours.
>>>
>>>   I stopped bareos-dir, then -fd, then -sd, restarted, no joy. Then I
>>> tried shutting them all down, and service restart postgres, and *then*
>>> starting up -sd, -fd and -dir. I was starting them manually Friday, and
>>> they'd run and finish. But the nightly b/u, a job started... and was
>>> still running yesterday.
>>>
>>>   Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Just one idea, and it's not a promising one:
>>
>> Any chance that the Windows client is spinning trying to backup cygwin
>> files, specifically /var/log/lastlog?
>
> Nope. I'm *explicitly* telling bareos to back up c:/Users/, and, in a
> couple of cases, d:/ or e:/ - we don't care about the system or logs at
> all. If something happens, desktop support will ghost reimage them.

What I would try to do is: the moment no other jobs are running do strace
on storage daemon (we assume server part has changed, client part hasn't)
then run backup of that particular client. See where it gets you.

Also: you never mentioned anything about volumes: are they getting
created? Getting data coming to them?

I know it has been some time, you probably solved it. If yes, tell us what
was it and what solved it.

Valeri