[CentOS] devtoolset-4

Sun May 22 19:19:34 UTC 2016
Jarosław Bober <jaroslaw.bober at gmail.com>

Hello, I just found the discussion on the devtoolset on SO:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/15599714/risks-of-different-gcc-versions-at-link-run-time

confirming my guesses.
You can use any new C++11/C++14 feature and your program will link
dynamically to stock libstdc++. Any feature that is not present there will
be linked statically with nonshared_libstdc++.a. The only cost would be
additional binary size. I checked using few features and binary growth was
ignorable. But definitelly one have to take it into account. The only
problem I have for now is to bring all of machines I maintain to a stable
6.6 version. Which is >1000 machines :) The cos is well worth it :)

Regards,
-Jarek