[CentOS] Slow RAID Check/high %iowait during check after updgrade from CentOS 6.5 -> CentOS 7.2

Wed May 25 19:20:34 UTC 2016

John R Pierce wrote:
> On 5/25/2016 11:44 AM, Kelly Lesperance wrote:
>> The HBA is an HP H220.
>
> OH.    its a very good idea to verify the driver is at the same revision
> level as the firmware.    not 100% sure how you do this under CentOS, my
> H220 system is running FreeBSD, and is at revision P20, both firmware
> and driver.     HP's firmware, at least what I could find, was a fairly
> old P14 or something, so I had to re-flash mine with 'generic' LSI
> firmware, this isn't exactly a recommended thing to do, but its sure
> working fine for me.

Not sure if dmidecode will tell you, but you might see if you can run
smartctl -i

Also, you could either, on boot, go into the card's firmware interface,
and that'll tell you, somewhere, what the firmware version is. Not sure if
MegaRAID will work with this card - if it does, you really want it..even
though it has an actively user-hostile interface.

      mark