[CentOS] Recommendations for Infiniband with CentOS 6.7

Thu May 26 11:38:51 UTC 2016
Peter Kjellström <cap at nsc.liu.se>

On Wed, 25 May 2016 11:48:55 -0400
Pat Haley <phaley at mit.edu> wrote:

> We have a new install of CentOS 6.7 with infiniband support
> installed. We can see the card in hardware and we can see the mlx4
> drivers loaded in the kernel but cannot see the card as an ethernet
> interface, using ifconfig -a.  Can you recommend an install procedure
> to see this as an ethernet interface?

It's not an ethernet interface. I guess you're referring to a TCP/IP
interface.

TCP/IP is provided on infiniband by the IPoIB ULP (upper level
protocol) and the ib_ipoib kernel module.

ibstat and ibv_devinfo are commands for showing infiniband interfaces.

/Peter K