[CentOS] CentOS 6 spontaneous reboots

Mon May 30 00:59:35 UTC 2016
FrancisM <francis at mytechrepublic.com>

Check the hardware system health it could be that there is a faulty
component that triggering to reboot or maybe high temperature (overheated)
processor check your hardware fan if still working

On Monday, 30 May 2016, Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>
wrote:

> Hi Bill,
>
> On 2016-05-30, Bill Gee <bgee at campercaver.net <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > By luck I saw the beginning of a reboot on the server console.  Normally
> I have
> > other systems up on the KVM switch.  It appears to have dumped core.  I
> don't
> > know where to look for the core dump files.  They are not in /root.
>
> One place you might check is under /var/lib.  I think there may be a
> /var/lib/crash directory which contains core dumps.
>
> > I ran MemTest 86+.  No memory errors were found.
>
> Another option is to try Advanced Cluster Breakin, which runs other
> tests besides memory.
>
> http://www.advancedclustering.com/products/software/breakin/
>
> I've had it find problems that memtest hasn't (and vice-versa).
>
> > Lm_sensors shows the processor running between 45 and 50C.
>
> If the system supports IPMI, check those sensors and logs, there may be
> something useful there.  If you don't have IPMI, there may still be
> something in the BIOS logs (how you get to those varies wildly, you may
> need to boot into the BIOS to do it).
>
> I hope that helps!
>
> --keith
>
> --
> kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us <javascript:;>

This email or attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged
information intended for the sole use of the addressee(s). Any use,
redistribution, disclosure, or reproduction of this message, except as
intended, is prohibited. If you received this email in error, please notify
the sender and reformat your hard drive to remove all copies of the
message, including any attachments; failure to do so may result in your
floppy drive being filled with jelly. Any views or opinions expressed in
this email (unless otherwise stated) may not represent those of the Vatican
City, George W Bush, or the Sisters of the Perpetual Motion. Cheers [image:
]