[CentOS] CenOS 6.8 and libGL failures

Tue May 31 13:39:40 UTC 2016
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org>

On 05/31/2016 08:15 AM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On 05/31/2016 06:09 AM, isdtor wrote:
>>
>> Ever since I upgraded to CentOS 6.8, some software has stopped working alogether. This is related to OpenGL/mesa and can be demonstrated with glxgears:
>>
>> $ glxgears
>> libGL error: No matching fbConfigs or visuals found
>> libGL error: failed to load driver: swrast
>> X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
>>   Major opcode of failed request:  154 (GLX)
>>   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_GLXCreateContext)
>>   Value in failed request:  0x0
>>   Serial number of failed request:  33
>>   Current serial number in output stream:  35
>> $
>>
>> This appears to be a common problem, but I found no solutions that apply here since I believe everything is installed and set up correctly. It all worked with CentOS 6.x, x<8.
>>
>> https://www.centos.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56273
>> https://ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/38116/issues-with-libgl-on-fedora-20-unable-to-load-driver-swrast/
>
> I am looking at this issue right now.. more to follow

[johnny at localhost ~]$ glxgears
1054 frames in 5.0 seconds = 210.750 FPS
1064 frames in 5.0 seconds = 212.735 FPS
1077 frames in 5.0 seconds = 215.366 FPS
1061 frames in 5.0 seconds = 212.018 FPS

[johnny at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | egrep -i 'glx|mesa' | sort
glx-utils-11.0.7-4.el6.x86_64
mesa-dri1-drivers-7.11-8.el6.x86_64
mesa-dri-drivers-11.0.7-4.el6.x86_64
mesa-dri-filesystem-11.0.7-4.el6.x86_64
mesa-libEGL-11.0.7-4.el6.x86_64
mesa-libgbm-11.0.7-4.el6.x86_64
mesa-libGL-11.0.7-4.el6.x86_64
mesa-libGLU-11.0.7-4.el6.x86_64
mesa-libxatracker-11.0.7-4.el6.x86_64
mesa-private-llvm-3.6.2-1.el6.x86_64

[johnny at localhost ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 6.8 (Final)

I have no issues .. no 3rd party repos on this server.

Can you provide more details .. did you upgrade all the 6.8 RPMS and not
just cheery pick updates .. do you have 3rd party repos installed?

Is this i386 or x86_64 CentOS-6.8?

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes