[CentOS] CentOS 6.3 packages updates options without upgrading.

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Tue Nov 8 03:03:35 UTC 2016

On Nov 7, 2016, at 9:03 PM, Dipal Bhatt <dipal.bhatt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> IT seems, centos6.3 does no longer get any updates esp security fixes as
> per readme here:
> http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.3/readme <http://mirror.centos.org/centos/6.3/readme>

I believe there’s some confusion about how CentOS release versions work.

You should read this FAQ entry:

https://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General#head-dcca41e9a3d5ac4c6d900a991990fd11930867d6 <https://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General#head-dcca41e9a3d5ac4c6d900a991990fd11930867d6>

Basically, there is no supported CentOS 6.3 release.  Only a CentOS 6, with updates continuously released throughout its lifetime.  Just because you used the installation media for CentOS 6.3 doesn’t mean that you will stay with it forever.  You should change your repos to use /6/ and update to the latest release.  There’s no other supported release of CentOS 6.

Your system is horribly out of date and vulnerable to many MANY security vulnerabilities, both remote and local.

Red Hat supported the EUS release of 6.3.z but even that ceased getting updates a while ago, I believe.  I’m sure if you pay them enough money, they’d be willing to backport updates to 6.3.