[CentOS] CentOS 6.3 packages updates options without upgrading.

Frank Cox theatre at melvilletheatre.com
Tue Nov 8 05:43:12 UTC 2016

On Mon, 7 Nov 2016 23:33:56 -0600
Dipal Bhatt wrote:

> But, yes, there's
> no way to update the 6.3 to 6.8 as I repeatedly mentioned which is the only
> requirement/constraint.

It occurs to me to ask what you consider to be version 6.3.  If you update any of the rpms to the 6.8 version you are no longer running version 6.3.  If the spec requires 6.3 and nothing else, then you will no longer be compatible with the spec as soon as you install the first 6.8 rpm.

On the other hand, if you are allowed to install 6.8 rpms, then what's keeping you back from doing a proper job instead of a halfway and half-assed one?

Upgrading "selected packages only" will leave you with something that's neither fish or fowl, and it won't meet your requirements as stated either.