[CentOS] clamd at amavisd fails under systemd

Gordon Messmer gordon.messmer at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 22:48:43 UTC 2016

On 11/08/2016 03:24 AM, Rob Kampen wrote:
> If there is anyone that has this combo of services working under
> CentOS7 and can shed any insight on why I cannot get this service to
> actually run, it would be very much appreciated.

When setting up a clamd service, you should need to enable the service,
create the configuration file, and typically set up
/etc/tmpfiles.d/clamd-<service>.conf.  That file should have one line:

d /run/clamd.<service> 0700 daemon daemon -

...or whatever user you use for clamd.  If you don't have the proper
tmpfiles setup, the run directory won't exist or won't have the correct
owner, and either standard permissions or SELinux may deny the process
access to the run directory.