[CentOS] Centos 7 and Kably lake: black screen

Louis Lagendijk louis at fazant.net
Wed Nov 16 15:57:48 UTC 2016

http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/experimental/x86_64/> > >
> > Thanks for your response, but...
> > No, tried it, but that did not work either unfortunately.
> >

> If you still have the machine available, try using the experimental
> kernel:
>
> http://mirror.centos.org/altarch/7/experimental/x86_64/
>
> Also, what graphic card does it use?

Hi Johnny,
Yes I still have the laptop. Too nice a machine to send back…

The experimental kernel cannot be installed due to a missing xorg-x11-
drv-vmmouse >= 14.0.0 package. Do you know where can I find that
package?

The graphic card may indeed be the problem as the laptop has both a HD
620 in the processor and a Nvidia device 134e (rev A2). with the Fedora
 25 kernel loaded, glxinfo reports that the i915 driver could not be
loaded and that Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe is used.

The f25 beta kernel does work on Centos after updating xfs-progs and
linux-firmware from f25 Beta (but crashes at a reboot)