[CentOS] New laptop recomendation

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Nov 22 17:37:26 UTC 2016

Hello,

On Tue, 22 Nov 2016 12:19:41 -0500 "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <sysop at w1nr.net> wrote:

> I have been buying off-lease used Latitudes and Precision laptops for
> years for the sole reason that they are always Linux friendly and
> solidly reliable. Most of them can be ordered new with Ubuntu.

I am using Dell Latitude series for more than 10 years (professionally,
as a dev, so you can imagine that the system is not sleeping during
working hour), solid hardware and good Linux support. I only saw minor
degradations across 4 laptops and only one or two tricks sometimes
necessary like for the wifi or eth chip when configuring the system but
I always win at the end.

Regards,