[CentOS] CentOS iSCSI Install & Booting

Lukas Zapletal lukas at zapletalovi.com
Wed Nov 30 16:25:57 UTC 2016

If you do not want to use iPXE, an alternative approach is to have a USB
stick (few hundred MBs is enough) for /boot partition. CentOS 7 installs
just fine with this setup (/boot on local USB, the rest on iSCSI).

This works better with kernel updates (can be more tricky with iPXE as you
need to "synchronize" kernels and modules).

LZ

> Check out the iPXE website for details about iSCSI booting.

S pozdravem / Best regards
  Lukas Zapletal