[CentOS] Thunderbird vs. Evolution vs. OwnCloud

Thu Nov 3 05:58:30 UTC 2016
Nicolas Kovacs <info at microlinux.fr>

Hi,

I'm currently using Thunderbird synced to OwnCloud on my main
workstation running Slackware64 14.1. I just installed CentOS 7 on my
Asus S300 laptop. It's running nicely, and I'm spending some time
getting acquainted with it.

I wonder if I should stick with Thunderbird or go with the default
Evolution application, since this seems to be better integrated into the
desktop, namely the calendar function.

On the other hand, it seems like you have to jump through burning loops
to connect Evolution to OwnCloud.

What are your experiences with these two clients and OwnCloud? Any
suggestions?

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs
7, place de l'église - 30730 Montpezat