[CentOS] ldns-dane

Fri Nov 11 16:12:07 UTC 2016
James B. Byrne <byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca>

This is an epel package but I thought that I would ask here first.  I
am encountering unexpected behaviour from this program and I would
like to know if it is a bug, or I am configuring something wrong, of
if this is intended behaviour.

ldns-dane version 1.6.16 (ldns version 1.6.16)

When I attempt to specify the entire certificate as the desired data
source for this program I get the following error:

ldns-dane   \
  -n -o 0   \
  -c CA_HLL_ROOT_2016.pem  \
  create harte-lyne.ca 443 \
  2 0 2
<selector> should be in range [0-1]

Likewise I cannot specify the output format as no-hash.

ldns-dane   \
  -n -o 0   \
  -c CA_HLL_ROOT_2016.pem  \
  create harte-lyne.ca 443 \
  2 1 0
<matching type> should be in range [0-2]

In fact, 0 is not an accepted value in any of these positions:

ldns-dane   \
  -n -o 0 \
  -c CA_HLL_ROOT_2016.pem  \
 create harte-lyne.ca 443 \
 0 1 1
<certificate usage> should be in range [0-3]

Why is zero invalid?

Canada  L8E 3C3