[CentOS] CentOS 6.3 packages updates options without upgrading.

Tue Nov 8 03:24:41 UTC 2016
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 11/7/2016 6:03 PM, Dipal Bhatt wrote:
> The other option is to use CentOS 6.8 updated package on 6.3, but I am not
> sure of any upstream and downstream dependencies in 6.3 without updating
> the rest of the userland from 6.3 to 6.8.  Nonetheless, would this option
> be feasible?

     yum update

will bring the system up to the latest 6 with all updates, currently
that's 6.8 + assorted updates.

the dot releases of centos, like 6.3, 6.8, are just quarterly(?) rollups
where they put out a new ISO with all updates to that point.