[CentOS] clamd at amavisd fails under systemd

Wed Nov 9 10:07:48 UTC 2016
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

On 09/11/16 11:48, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 11/08/2016 03:24 AM, Rob Kampen wrote:
>> If there is anyone that has this combo of services working under
>> CentOS7 and can shed any insight on why I cannot get this service to
>> actually run, it would be very much appreciated.
>

> When setting up a clamd service, you should need to enable the
> service, create the configuration file, and typically set up
> /etc/tmpfiles.d/clamd-<service>.conf.  That file should have one line:
>
> d /run/clamd.<service> 0700 daemon daemon -
>
> ...or whatever user you use for clamd.  If you don't have the proper
> tmpfiles setup, the run directory won't exist or won't have the
> correct owner, and either standard permissions or SELinux may deny the
> process access to the run directory.

so I have /etc/tmpfiles.d/clamd.amavisd.conf with content
d /var/run/clamd.amavisd 0755 amavis amavis -

the process owner name and group name are amavis
this is not quite what you specified - which should it be?

My real head scratch problem is that running clamd from a cli works
perfectly.
Trying to get systemd (via systemctl start clamd at amavisd.service) brings
it up but after 1 second removes the pid file and shuts down. set up
clamd via the service file to use --debug and get nothing helpful
Trying to debug this systemd stuff seems impossible

Thanks
Rob