Wed Nov 9 20:38:31 UTC 2016
Richard <lists-centos at listmail.innovate.net>

> Date: Wednesday, November 09, 2016 21:25:50 +0100
> From: Antonio Trande <anto.trande at gmail.com>
>
> On 11/09/2016 09:21 PM, Phil Wyett wrote:
>> On Wed, 2016-11-09 at 12:16 -0800, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>>> For what it's worth, I just received the auto-notification of
>>> having been kicked off the list for excessive bounces.  So gmail
>>> is honoring Yahoo's DMARC.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Your not the only one. I got it a few hours ago.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Phil
>>

> Me too.
> Must we do something about?

In one of the Yahoo articles I referred to earlier they indicate that
Hotmail and Gmail (in addition to themselves) enforce DMARC. My mail
provider (Rackspace) does now too so I get dropped off various lists
(including this one the other day) every few days.

The issue is in how the mailing list sends out messages. If they are
addressed as if they come from an @yahoo address (e.g,. the original
poster), but not from an authorized yahoo mail server, any mail
server enforcing (in this case yahoo's) DMARC will reject the
message. After enough bounces the mailing list will drop you (with or
without notice). Short of getting your mailing list mail via a
provider that doesn't enforce DMARC this week, there's nothing an
end-user can really do.

>From some lists that I'm on that are handling this, it appears that
mailman 2.1.18 can (or can be made to) deal with the addressing so
that things pass the DMARC test. This list appears to use 2.1.12.