[CentOS] clamd at amavisd fails under systemd

Fri Nov 11 10:12:38 UTC 2016
Rob Kampen <rkampen at kampensonline.com>

On 11/11/16 13:36, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 11/09/2016 02:07 AM, Rob Kampen wrote:
>> so I have /etc/tmpfiles.d/clamd.amavisd.conf with content
>> d /var/run/clamd.amavisd 0755 amavis amavis -
>>
>> the process owner name and group name are amavis
>> this is not quite what you specified - which should it be?
>
> If "User" is set to amavis in the clamd configuration, that looks fine.
>
>> My real head scratch problem is that running clamd from a cli works
>> perfectly.
>> Trying to get systemd (via systemctl start clamd at amavisd.service)
>> brings it up but after 1 second removes the pid file and shuts down.
>> set up clamd via the service file to use --debug and get nothing helpful
>> Trying to debug this systemd stuff seems impossible
>
> systemd starts processes in the correct SELinux context, while running
> it from the shell does not.  So my first guess would be that it's an
> SELinux issue.  Use "setenforce" to put the system in permissive mode
> to see if that's the case.  If so, "grep AVC /var/log/audit/audit.log"
> for more info.
Tried this - set it to permissive and tried the systemctl start
clamd at amavisd.service and got exactly the same result - tried a number
of times - no messages in the logs to indicate a problem - just after
the final start up message of :-
 >Self checking every 600 seconds.
after one second we get
 >Pid file removed.
 >Stopped at Fri Nov 11 04:35:49 2016
 >Socket file removed.

So not selinux.
Thanks for the idea - I was unaware that systemd is selinux aware and
friendly.
I'll keep looking .....