[CentOS] CentOS 7 + KDE - default keyboard layout?

Mon Nov 14 11:49:59 UTC 2016
Patrick Hess <patrick_lists at phess.net>

On 10.11.2016 08:30, Nicolas Kovacs wrote:
> My system is installed in French, with a swiss french keyboard
> (fr_CH-latin1) as default. This works OK in console mode, but when KDE
> launches the first time, the default keyboard is US, and there's a
> french (fr-latin1) alternative configured.

XFCE user here, so I'm not sure if KDE tries to enforce its own settings with
regard to the keyboard layout, but have you tried (as root):

     localectl set-x11-keymap <whatever name the Swiss-French layout might have> pc105 nodeadkey

This changes the X11 keyboard settings permanently for all users on the system
and works fine with (at least) XFCE.

Patrick

--
If you'd like to send me a private message, make sure to remove
the "_lists" part from my address.