[CentOS] Need help getting two NICs to work on CentOS 7

Wed Nov 16 15:33:03 UTC 2016
Sean Son <linuxmailinglistsemail at gmail.com>

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 10:55 AM, Gordon Messmer <gordon.messmer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 11/15/2016 06:07 AM, Sean Son wrote:
>
>> I have no network connectivity even
>> when I restart the network service.  Should I reenable NetworkManager now?
>>

> Yeah, the switch is just a test to see if the problem is specific to
> NetworkManager.  It seems that you have other problems as well.
>
> Before you do that, post the output of the following:
>
> ip route show
>
> ip route show table 300
>
> ip route show table 301
>
> ip rule show
>
> cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
>
> cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth0
>
> cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/rule-eth0
>
> cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth1
>
> cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/route-eth1
>
> cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/rule-eth1

Hello

I think i figured it out.   I had forgotten to install
NetworkManager-config-routing-rules and then enable and start the
NetworkManager-dispatcher service.   I tried that on a different test
machine and I am able to ping both of the IPs from another machine just
fine. Only a few things I have noticed:   No matter how many times I
restart the NetworkManager-dispatcher service, if I reboot the system, and
run a systemctl status NetworkManager-dispatcher.service, the service shows
as Inactive (Dead) even though it has been enabled.   Also whenever I
reboot the VM, after logging into the GUI, I get a pop up that says failed
to activate network connection , yet I still have network connectivity.
Any ideas on what I can do to fix these things?  Also overall, because I am
using a static IP config for both NICs, is it better to just disable
NetworkManager and use network scripts instead?

Thanks!!