[CentOS] Skype for Centos Desktop

Fri Nov 18 03:23:33 UTC 2016
geo <geleem at comcast.net>

On 11/17/2016 07:47 PM, Peter wrote:
> On 18/11/16 11:01, Liam O'Toole wrote:
>> On 2016-11-17, Rodrigo Pichiñual Norin
>> <rodrigo.pichinual at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> I search info in the web about how to install skype on centos 6.5, but
>>> just exists info about skype with architecture to 32 bit.
>>>
>>> someone can me explicain, how to install skype for 64 bit architecture
>>> , it's possible?
>>
>> You can install and run 32-bit Skype on 64-bit CentOS 6. I recommended
>> the Nux repo[1] for convenience. The various 32-bit dependencies will be
>> installed by yum.
>
> The old 32 bit version in the Nux repo won't be working for much longer
> as skype is changing it's protocols.  There is a new 64 bit alpha
> version you can get directly from skype that works:
>>

> https://repo.skype.com/https://repo.skype.com/

bad link should be;

  https://repo.skype.com/

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

CentOS GNU/Linux 6.8
KDE 4.3.4

.

=+=
Tired of having your microsoft os hacked?
Change to Linux os, used by microsoft hackers.
=+=
If Bill Gates got a dime for every time Windows crashes...
 ...oh, wait. He does. THAT explains it!
=+=
=+=