[CentOS] porting spec files

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 08:44:06 UTC 2016

On 06/10/16 22:50, Alice Wonder wrote:
> An rpm intended for a bleeding edge Fedora builds perfectly for me when
> I comment two macros apparently not in CentOS 7 -
>
> %transfiletriggerin
>
> and
>
> %transfiletriggerun
>
> Looks like they operate similar to %post and %postun but are different.
>
> Is a simple way to do what they do in CentOS 7 or do I have to change
> the packaging logic to build in CentOS 7 and have things work properly?

These are file triggers, they trigger scripts to run when specific files
are added or removed from the system when packages are (un)installed.
See here:

http://www.rpm.org/wiki/FileTriggers

Whilst RHEL's version of RPM doesn't support file triggers, it does
support package triggers, so maybe you could devise a workaround with those:

http://rpm.org/api/4.4.2.2/triggers.html